The Certified Scrum Master plays a decisive role in the Organisation. With the shift in the Workflow Process towards the Scrum Framework in almost every section of the Software and IT industry. The implementation of the Scrum Framework in the organisation in a phased manner mostly depends on the capability and skills of the Scrum Master.
As Scrum Master guides the Scrum Team with the workflow system, there are many exquisite responsibilities a Certified Scrum Master Plays. Some of the Best Scrum Master Certifications are out in the market since a long time which provides best possible value to become a Certified Scrum Master.
So let’s dive in and learn more of the Scrum Framework and Scrum Master role in the software and It industry.
Who is a Scrum Master?
A Scrum Master thrives on appropriate good work culture and evaluates the workflow process through the collaborative approach of guiding the Scrum Team on Scrum Framework fundamentals. Through the work experience and good knowledge of Scrum Framework, he/she delivers quality solutions with results to the organisation consistently.
The coordination of the Scrum Master with the respective Scrum team and that too with other Scrum Masters and members of the organisation is transparent and frequent which leads to better engagement. The coordination skills of the Scrum Master is very effective in the attainment of Business Agility for the Organisation through the virtue of Scrum Framework.
A Scrum Master is valued on grounds of how effectively they lead their respective team. Scrum Masters sounds very proficient with the leadership skills within the organisation.
At the same time, a Scrum Master also helps the respective Scrum team to clear backlogs and bottlenecks rapidly along with guiding with the benefits of Agile Path.
Who Can Become A Scrum Master?
What is Scrum?
Scrum is the Framework based on which the modern workflow system runs as most of the MNCs use it for exquisite results. Scrum Framework was created by Jeff Sutherland and Ken Schwaber to address complex problems rapidly and create products of the highest possible value. The Framework of Scrum is a lightweight technique which is very simple to understand but is tough to master.
Key Aspects of Scrum:
1) Control Over Empirical Process: The Framework of Scrum asks the user to have a workflow process which is transparent, inspected and is widely adopted across the organisation.
2) Self Organisation: This aspect of the Scrum Framework is to reduce dependency and improve workflow efficiency by making yourself self-dependent. This is the key feature for innovation among Scrum Team Members in itself. The more they organise and innovate among themselves, the more they know how to analyse precisely and deliver quality performance with the best solutions and results.
3) Collaboration: This aspect of Scrum Framework emphasises putting weight on the creation of awareness, articulation and appropriation. This is a way for development and nurturement of a system which runs on appropriate functioning of cross-functional teams with consistent interactions. This helps in delivering the work value with a collaborative approach.
4) Value-Based Prioritization: This aspect of Scrum Framework helps to recognise the underlying values of the Workflow Process from the start which tends to deliver the maximum business value from start till end with every step involved in the workflow process.
5) Time-Boxing: This aspect of Framework puts gravity on the fact that time is a minimal resource, and one must always consider it as a limiting constraint in Scrum. The elements of time box Scrum are Sprints, Stand up Meetings, Sprint Planning Meetings, Sprint Review Meetings etc.
6) Iterative and Incremental Development: This aspect of Scrum Framework stresses on the fact that evolution must be done with the continuous change which meets the customer’s requirements within time.
Benefits of Getting Certified with Scrum:
1) The Scrum certification helps to attain good Knowledge of Scrum fundamentals and trains, fellow persons, to enhance the required skills for appropriate utilization in an effective way.
2) Certification helps you to develop the mindset which thinks through the Scrum way. This makes the development of an Agile mindset which works with Scrum efficiently and effectively. At the same time, this also helps to build a better team collaboration approach that makes high scaled projects more successful.
3) The Concepts of Scrum Framework like product backlog, sprint backlog, sprint review, sprint retrospective, etc. act as the pillar in the attainment of business Agility with Scrum projects.
4) The Scrum certification provides the gateway for the in-depth practical approach of Scrum knowledge, which helps becoming more relevant and marketable in the respective field by the virtue of engagement with Agile values. The certification acts as a valid Credential of your knowledge of the Agile concepts and gives recognition for having an Agile mindset.
5) Scrum Certification makes you aware of the latest techniques, technologies and resources which leads to a better workflow process and properly organised team with smooth cross-functional team management.
6) Scrum Certification helps to adopt Agile methodologies which ensures organisation better yields, effective product management, timely insights, increase of productivity, better capability to groom product backlog and much more.
7) The Scrum certification helps to build a better understanding of Scrum knowledge while working with the Scrum Team. At the same time, it also increases productivity which helps to communicate and collaborate in a more organised manner.
8) The process to earn a Scrum Certification takes you to go through an agile journey from the experienced Agile Coach which helps to embrace a better job and career opportunities.
9) With being a Scrum Certified Professional, you can connect with various Scrum professionals which helps in continuous improvements which helps you to have an Agile approach.
10) With Scrum training and certification your workflow process becomes more flexible which ensures fast delivery with quick releases. This brings a positive change in you which creates a difference for your organisation in a positive aspect.
Different type of Best Scrum Master Certifications:
Scrum Master Certification:
Scrum Master is the best certification course to get enrolled in. The Certifying body of LSM Certification is Scrum.Inc founded by Jeff Sutherland who is the co-creator of Scrum Framework as well.
The Scrum Master Certification Cost of is around Rs. 25k and is valid for 1 year. The Scrum Master certification course is provided by the Scrum Inc Certification Body which is founded by Jeff Sutherland, the co-creator of Scrum Ideology. It has a renewal cost of Rs 1.7 k
Upcoming Online Courses:
Certified Scrum Master Certification:
CSM or Certified Scrum Master is widely adopted Scrum Master Certification, which is accredited by Scrum Alliance Certifying body. The Certification can be taken by someone who wants to learn and master the Scrum Framework.
The Certification is mostly preferred by Scrum Master, Team who wish to implement Scrum, Manager of Scrum Teams, Product Owners, Developers, Agile Coach etc. The Certification cost ranges between $700 to $1500. The renewal cost of CSM Certification is $100.
Advanced Certified Scrum Master Certification:
Advanced Scrum Master Certification adds more credential to experience and working knowledge of Scrum Master. This Certification is also provided by the Scrum Alliance Certifying body. The Certification can be taken by someone who wants to expand their knowledge of the Scrum Framework.
The Certification is mostly preferred by Scrum Master, Agile Coach, Product Owner, Product Manager etc. The Certification cost ranges from $1200 to $1500. The Renewal Cost is $175.
Certified Scrum Professional Certification:
Certified Scrum Professional Certification primarily focuses on lean concepts, system thinking, Agile coaching, emotional intelligence, team facilitation, in-depth understanding of the Scrum Framework for high scaled projects in the organisation. The Accreditation Body of Certified Scrum Professional Certification is the Scrum Alliance.
The Certification is mostly preferred by Scrum Team Member, Developer, Manager of Scrum Team etc. The cost of certification is $1295 with renewal cost of $250.
Professional Scrum Master Certification:
PSM Certification covers the fundamentals of the Scrum Framework with the roles of a Scrum Master. This course contains a team-based performance process with learning methods which are based on Scrum and Agile movement. The Accreditation Body of PSM Certification is Scrum.org.
The Certification is mostly preferred by Scrum Team Member, Developer, Manager of Scrum Team etc. The cost of certification is $150 with no renewal cost
SAFe Scrum Master Certification:
SAFe Scrum Master Certification emphasizes on the process in which the attendees get to have a proper understanding of the roles of a Scrum Master and its role in bringing Agile Path for the organisation.
This Certification validates the performing role of a Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, which will help to increase the value to organisations and cross-functional teams which are implementing SAFe. The Accreditation body for the same is Scaled Agile.
The Certification is mostly preferred by Scrum Master, Scrum Team Mentor, Agile Coach, Product Manager, Product Owner, Project Manager, Senior Project Manager etc. The Certification cost ranges between $995 to $1295 with renewal cost of $100 every year from date of expiry.
Scrum Master Certified Certification:
The Scrum Master Certified (SMC) professional manages the Scrum team who work in an environment which helps them to scale high projects successfully. The Scrum Master is responsible to take care that the Scrum Framework is being followed. They guide with Scrum practices to everyone who is involved in the project.
The Accreditation body of Scrum Master Certified Certification is Scrum Study. And the Certification cost is $400-$500. The Certification is mostly preferred by Scrum Master, Scrum Team Mentor, Agile Coach, Product Manager, Product Owner, Project Manager, Senior Project Manager, Scrum Team Member, Developer, Manager of Scrum Team etc.
Agile Scrum Master Certification:
The Agile Scrum Master Certification comprises scrum practices and agile methodologies in one framework with the post-work implement process. It checks the ability of the Scrum professional which facilitates, decides and coaches a cross-functional Scrum Team as a Scrum Master with a collaborative approach.
The Certifying body of Agile Scrum Master Certification is EXIN. The Certification is mostly preferred by Scrum Master, Scrum Team Mentor, Agile Coach, Product Manager, Product Owner, Project Manager, Senior Project Manager, Program Manager etc. The Certification cost ranges between $200 to $300.
What are the top 8 qualities of a great scrum master?
Different Scrum Certification Bodies:
Scrum Inc. was founded by Jeff Sutherland who is the founder as well as co-creator of Scrum as well as Scrum@Scale Framework. Scrum@Scale provides training, consulting, and counselling to various companies and individuals for having the growth with an Agile Path by virtue of the Scrum Framework.
Founded in the year 2001, Scrum Alliance is a globally recognized and renowned organisation for different Scrum Certification. It supports Scrum adaptation, techniques and workflow implementation process while having a focus on organisational transformations. It is the largest, most established organisation for Agile Practitioners and has provided certification that has trained more than 700,000 professionals worldwide.
Scrum.org was founded in 2009 by Ken Schwaber, the co-creator of Scrum Framework. It provides training, post-work implementation approach and certifications based on the principles of Scrum and Agile fundamentals to improve software delivery process effectively. Scrum.org empowers the people and organisations all across the globe to achieve agility through Scrum.
Scaled Agile Inc:
Scaled Agile is the Certifying body for all the SAFe Courses and Certifications. It helps the Organisation to bring Agility in the workflow process with combined Experience of Agile and Scrum Methodology to deliver the best of both the frameworks.
SCRUMstudy is a globally recognized and acknowledged certifying body for Agile and Scrum certifications. It has a huge global partner network with ATPs, Authorized Training Providers, delivering training and certifications. The SBOK™ Guide is authored by the SCRUMstudy, which provides an appropriate guide to deliver high scaled projects successfully using Scrum.
EXIN is new and the latest of all the Scrum accreditation bodies. EXIN offers professionals certifications for a wide range of exams in the field of Software and IT industry. It innovates in a continuous process which develops exams in-house management systems.
What is the worth of Scrum Master Certifications?
The Certified Scrum Master serves a great purpose in the Software and IT industry. As most of the MNCs work on the principles of Scrum Framework, they need a Certified Scrum Master who successfully implements the fundamentals of Scrum in the organisation. The Certification opens enormous opportunities for the Scrum Master’s all across the globe who wish to outreach their knowledge and skills of Scrum Framework.
The Certification is mostly preferred by Scrum Master, Scrum Team Mentor, Agile Coach, Product Manager, Product Owner, Project Manager, Senior Project Manager, Scrum Team Member, Developer, Manager of Scrum Team etc.
The Average Salary with this Certification lies between $100,00 to $130,000 with roles of Scrum Master, Senior Scrum Master, Agile Coach, Product Manager, Product Owner, Project Manager, Senior Project Manager etc. for big MNCs.
Though as the demand for working on Scrum Framework process is increasing in companies like John Deer, Schlumberger, Enea, Siemens, Deutsche Bank, MasterCard and many more have implemented these for large scale projects, the role of a Scrum Master can rocket-up your career growth. Thank You for reading Best Scrum Master Certifications in 2020 blog.
Please check out my other latest trending blogs:
1) How Much Does Scrum Master Certification Cost In India?
2) Top 32 Scrum Master Interview Questions & Answers
3) What is the difference between Software Teams vs Product Teams?
Please share your comment below!