CSM Certification | Scrum Master Certification Training
The Framework of Scrum and the role of Scrum Master to use the principles and underlying values of Scrum is shaping the Software and IT industry with quality results and efficient performance. The role and responsibilities of CSM Certification or Scrum Master Certification opens a wide range of opportunities in Multiple MNCs who function on the Framework of Scrum to meet their requirements within time.
The CSM Certification, Scrum Master Certification in Multiple MNCs are highly paid for the work ethics and values they deliver to the organisation. So, in this leap of a blog we'll answer your every question related to Scrum Master so that you can have a smart and analysed approach to outsource your skills and responsibilities as a Scrum Master.
What is CSM?
CSM or Certified Scrum Master is the certification for practising the Principles of Scrum in an organisation. The CSM opens a wide range of opportunities with different responsibilities in an organisation. But the thing which is needed at first is to get certified with it for which candidates need to clear the CSM certification Exam.
The Scrum Master Certification exam tests your thorough and in-depth knowledge of Scrum Framework so it becomes a necessity to get enrolled under a class-course in which the Scrum Coach delivers the exact values and principles of its working within an organisation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Agile Waters Consulting?
- At AgileWaters, we have a team of experienced trainers where each one of them have more than 20+ years of experience on the working and guiding principles of Scrum, Kanban, DevOps, SAFe etc. They provide the best of what we say as theoretical guidance and then about how to implement the fundamentals of Scrum in the work process.
- At Agile Waters, we provide support for post-work implementation. This helps the learners to exactly know how to implement the function and methods of Scrum into the work-process and deliver a quality solution to the enterprise.
- AgileWaters has combined agile experience of more than 50years, which means our trainers will drive you through every role Scrum has played and how it has evolved with time.
- Our Trainers at AgileWaters provide Real-life case studies to know the in-depth and thorough approach of Scrum Framework and its working process.
- We at Agile Waters provide free CSM mock tests so you can analyse and evaluate your preparation scenario for the Scrum Master Certification Exam.
- AgileWaters provides a holistic view to Scrum Framework which means we believe in inter-connecting all the things which are related to Scrum Framework to deliver the exact concept and principles of Scrum Framework.
- We also provide additional free certified Courses.
CSM Certification Exam is already added in the Course when you take it from AgileWaters. At first, we will provide you with training and workshops. Afterwards, we will take you through both the theoretical and practical approach with the perspective of the exam.
Many mock papers will also be provided so that you have good preparation scenario to clear the exam with ease.
- Control Over Empirical Process:Control Over Empirical Process: This very principle of Scrum is based on the three fundamentals or ideas of scrum which involves transparency, inspection and adaptation.
- Self Organisation: This principle of Scrum basically helps to reduce dependency and improve workflow efficiency. This leads to Scrum team member innovating among themselves and organising so as to know how analytically they can deliver quality performance with best results and solutions.
- Collaboration: This principle emphasises on the core value of awareness, articulation and appropriation. It helps to develop and nurture a system which delivers working cross-functional teams with regular interactions to deliver work value with collaborative approach.
- Value-Based Prioritisation: This Principles of Scrum Framework helps to recognise the values of Work Process at an early stage so as to deliver the maximum business value from start to end with every step involved in the work process.
- Time-Boxing: This principle emphasises on the fact that time is a very limited resource and how should one consider it as a limiting constraint in Scrum. The time box elements of Scrum are Sprints, Standup Meetings, Sprint Planning Meetings, Sprint Review Meetings etc.
- Iterative and Incremental Development: This process emphasises on the fact of evolving with the continuous change to meet the customer's requirements. It also focuses on the role of Product Owner and the responsibility of the other member to deliver iterative development to the organisation.
- Register at AgileWaters consulting for a 2 day CSM training class.
- Understand the basic fundamentals of Scrum Framework, methodologies and fundamentals of working by getting trained under a certified trainer in a two-day workshop class.
- After completion of course you’ll be given a link with which you can create your login credentials with ScrumAlliance.
- Next, you'll need to pass the CSM certification exam conducted by Scrum Alliance Inc. You will need to score 37marks out of 50, every question carrying one marks each. The test duration will be of 1hour.
- After passing the Scrum Master Certification exam, the applicants are asked to submit the license agreement to the Scrum Alliance for acceptance.
- And once your license agreement is accepted, your Scrum Master membership profile is completed with 2years of membership with Scrum Alliance and designation as CSM.
- Scrum Master is the key force behind the planning and implementation of Lean-Agile techniques inside the institute as a leader. Not only the Scrum Master follows it but also embraces the team on how to follow and implement its principles.
- Scrum Master acts as a facilitator who helps the team to resolve the backlogs very quickly by delivering quality solutions and leading to improvement with an efficient performance which enables good predictability, flow and increments.
- Scrum Master is responsible for adoption and implementation of Scrum Principles across an institute by training development teams, stakeholders, product owners, product managers and agile team to cultivate the techniques as to have advanced results and performance.
- Scrum Master facilitates the team meeting as mentors and review every planning as implementation with iteration planning, iteration review and iteration retrospective.
- The Scrum Master along with other Scrum Master, works to innovate techniques for driving the features and capabilities leading to overall magnificent development.
- You will learn about the fundamentals of Scrum and Agile and how are they implemented in a work process.
- You will learn various terminologies of Agile, Scrum, Scrum Concepts and the complete process of Scrum.
- You will get to know about the various roles which are involved in Scrum and scope of the Scrum Master role.
- You will learn how to govern the team, lead them from the front as a leader and deliver quality solutions to the organisation.
- It will help you to learn to improve transparency which will further improve the team efficiency and performance for a collaborative approach.
What Exactly is Scrum?
Scrum is an optimised and functional framework which aims at attaining highest value with sustainable efficiency within multiple-valued team coordination. The framework of Scrum helps to address and react to complex problems very quickly and makes the team coordination linear and give an agile development method.
The evaluated data and stats on the performance of the use of Scrum Framework is quite satisfactory as it is showing a good number on the record of enhanced and improved growth with quality and satisfactory results. But the main force behind all these things which drives the efficient performance and efficient result is how effectively one puts the principles of Scrum Framework into work.
What are the Key Principles behind Scrum?
Scrum needs an analysed and evaluated approach with every process involved in the work process. And that needs an appropriate emphasis on the principles of Scrum which is must if one wants to get efficient performance, quality results and valuable solutions.
However ScrumGuide does not refer to any principles, it is based on following key aspects.
How do I get Certified as a Scrum Master?
Though passing alone the Scrum Master certification exam is a way to get certified as a Scrum Master but it also involves few processes to have an evaluated and analysed approach.
What happens if I Fail the Exam?
You have two chances to attempt for the CSM exam at the cost of one. After the two chances are over you will have to register every time to appear for the exam. However our record at AgileWaters is 100% Passing on the first attempt.
What is the role and responsibilities of a Scrum Master?
Which Certification is best for Scrum Master?
CSM or Certified Scrum Master is the oldest and one of the best Scrum Master Certification course by the Scrum Alliance certification body. It has a validity of 2years with the certification cost of Rs. 25k.
Scrum Alliance is the company founded by Mike Cohn and Ken Schwaber, the later being Co-founder of Scrum framework ideology. It has a renewal cost of Rs.7k and needs to get renewed after every 2years.
How Long is CSM Scrum Master Certification good for?
The CSM Scrum Master Certification is valid for 2years, after which it needs to be renewed every time with the need of practice of Scrum. As Scrum Master Certification states your good control and holds over principles of Scrum Framework, it helps you to explore much and more opportunities related to every aspect of Scrum throughout your life.
What is the Worth of CSM Certification?
CSM Certification is of great use when one wants to embark on a career as a professional Scrum Master. As Scrum Master is highly paid in an organisation it becomes more evitable that this Certification opens a wide range of opportunities for various roles.
Most of the big MNCs remain in continuous search of Scrum Master to deliver the quality solution to the enterprise. The certification becomes the medium by virtue of which someone can easily find several opportunities in these MNCs.
What skills will I acquire if I join the Scrum Master Certification Training class?
What is the Prerequisite of joining Scrum Training classes?
There are no specific criteria to join the Scrum Training class. But the certification is best in use for those who want to be a part of the Scrum Team or want to boost up their career as a Scrum Master professional. We recommend you to refer ScrumGuide.
What Makes a great Scrum Master?
A great Scrum Master is someone who knows how to thrive with good ethics and evaluated work process through a collaborative approach. Through his work experience and good knowledge of Scrum Framework, he must and should know how to deliver quality results and solutions to the organisation.
His coordination with his team and that too with other Scrum Masters and other members of the organisation need to be transparent, frequent. The coordination skills needed for the same must and should be effective and he must share good affection with every member within the organisation.
As Scrum Master is mostly valued as how he leads his team, a good Scrum Master needs to sound proficient with his leadership skills within the organisation. They must help their respective team to clear backlogs and bottlenecks very quickly along with guiding them of as how to become agile with their work process.
What Makes a great Scrum Master?
Yes, Scrum Master is a full-time role as it involves mastering the Scrum Framework and then implementing it within an organisation. This involves guiding both yourself and your entire team to become Agile with the Work Process. The Full-time role of Scrum Master is must as it involves managing various responsibilities across an organisation. As Scrum Master is a full-time role and involves various complex responsibilities, a Scrum Master is highly paid.