This 2-day Foundations-level Kanban training class, certified by Lean Kanban University, is for managers, developers, and anyone wanting to learn the fundamentals of the Kanban Method. The class includes the use of a Kanban simulation as well as exercises to design an actual Kanban system.
Course content and objectives
Participants will learn how to design a Kanban system and initiate change with Kanban. They will learn the basic
concepts of flow, pull, and collaborative improvement. At the end of the training, participants will understand:
- How to identify and address bottlenecks
- How to work with shifting priorities
- How to deal with interrupt work and multi-tasking
- How to deal with important but not time-critical work
- How to avoid having work pile up in one place (or time) while there is a lack of work in another place
- How to create flow in the work, the information to perform the work, and the teams that do the work
The content of this course covers the following topics, presented in the form of interactive exercises organized in small groups, plus games, classroom teaching and discussion.
- Meaning of Kanban
- Definition of Kanban Method
- Kanban Principles
- Kanban Practices – Visualization, WIP Limits, etc.
- Understanding Kanban Systems
- Classes of service and work item types
- Kanban in action – Understanding the flow of work using an advanced Kanban game
- Designing Kanban boards
- Designing a Work Item(Ticket)
- Introduction to STATIK: Systems Thinking Approach To Introducing Kanban
- Identifying internal and external motivation for change
- Demand analysis for different types of work
- Choosing system replenishment and delivery frequencies
The class curriculum is based on the work of David J. Anderson, pioneer of the Kanban Method, and author of the definitive book, Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for your Technology Business.
- A digital copy of the book Kanban by David J. Anderson
- Certificate of Completion of Lean Kanban University Certified Kanban Training, digital format
- Membership in Lean Kanban University and a listing in the LKU Alumni Directory.
To support the classroom teaching this course uses non-technical exercises, simulations and case studies.
Q. Is this Official Training certified by LKU?
Q. What is Certified Lean Kanban Foundation (KMP1)?
A. Certified Lean Kanban Foundation (I) – This course has been accredited by the Lean-Kanban University (LKU). If you are new to Kanban or have explored Kanban but now want to consolidate your knowledge in a practical setting you can go for this certificate.
Q. Certified Lean Kanban Foundation (KMP1) is primarily aimed for which kind of role?
A. This course is aimed at product and project managers, development team members (designers, programmers, architects, testers, etc.), business analysts, Scrum Product Owners and Scrum Masters who want to enhance their Lean/agile skill set.
Q. What do I need to attend the course for this certification?
A. This course has no set prerequisites and is suitable for all experience levels.
Q. What is the outcome of this course?
A. Upon successful completion of the course, attendees will become accredited members of the Lean-Kanban University.