The Kanban System Design (KMP Foundation I Level) – Lean Kanban University (LKU) Certified Kanban Class [2 days] is part of the series of Alternative Path to Agility classes and helps you understand the Kanban Method and the concepts of flow, pull and collaborative improvement.
It is a two full day certification course and covers the following topics, presented in the form of interactive exercises organized in small groups, plus games, classroom teaching and discussion.
- Controlling Work in Progress (from push to pull)
- Visualising work (designing the card wall)
- Measuring and managing flow (control charts, flow diagrams)
- Making policies explicit (classes of service)
- Managing change and collaborative improvement
At the end of the training, participants will understand:
- How to identify and address bottlenecks
- How to work with shifting priorities
- How to deal with interrupted work and multi-tasking
- How to deal with important but not time-critical work
- How to avoid having work pile up in one place (or time) while there is a lack of work in another place
- How to create flow in the work, the information to perform the work, and the teams that do the work
Who should attend?
- Program and delivery managers
- Product and project managers
- Product developers, software developers and testers
- People working in operations or support
- Business analysts
What the participants will get ?
- Certificate of Completion of ‘Lean Kanban University Certified Kanban Training’, digital format
- Copy of the classroom workbook
- Complimentary copy of the book “Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for Your Technology Business” by David J Anderson
- Membership in Lean Kanban University and a listing in the LKU Alumni Directory